Welcome to the Software Development Wiki for the Division of Medical Informatics at KU Medical Center
O2 billing diagnosis is the latest addition to diagnosis modifiers in the HERON Calhoun release. Other diagnosis modifiers include IDX/UHC billing and O2 clinical. Modifiers can be used to narrow your search for a more precise patient set.
Query how many people had a drug-drug interaction best practice alert with the HERON Jamestown release. Go to Alerts -> Med Interaction Checking -> Drug-Drug -> Alphabetic folder based on the first letter of the alert description (e.g., M for !Metfor ...
KU BMI Presentations includes materials and used to communicate our mission.
Our work in progress includes:
- HERON healthcare enterprise repository
- PioneerFriends, community outreach for participation in research
- REDCap REDCap at KUMC
- ADC? informatics meetings for the Alzheimers Disease Core Center
- TEAL? data warehouse
- CTSA, including background discussions prior to funding
- RequestTracking? place for notes on using REDCap for request tracking (CTSA, ADC, HERON)
- NetworkInnovation High Speed Network Innovation and developing next generation applications for healthcare in the digital community.
- KHPA_HIE Discussions regarding HITECH Act, Health Information Exchange, and its implications for Kansas Medicaid (managed by the Kansas Health Policy Authority).
- DevTools software development tools, tips, and resources
- Preliminary research for collaborators
- Welcome To Medical Informatics for staff
Other informatics efforts at the University of Kansas include:
- The Center for Health Informatics in Kansas City
- The Center for Bioinformatics in Lawrence
- The K-INBRE Bioinformatics Core in Lawrence
- ITTC Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Laboratory in Lawrence
- Smith IDDRC in Kansas City
- Biodiversity Informatics at Lawrence
For a good introduction to biomedical informatics, we recommend the National Library of Medicine's Course: Medical Informatics.