Welcome to the Software Development Wiki for the Division of Medical Informatics at KU Medical Center
Looking for medications prescribed at an outpatient surgery visit? Want to limit patients with an outpatient surgery to those with a specific diagnosis at the time of surgery? Now you can. HERON McMillan Marsh maps IDX and O2 encounters resulting ...
HERON searches would stop running and appear as processing indefinitely once timed out (~180 seconds). HERON Webster release fixes the issue. Once a search times out, it will continue to search in the background. Check the query in your previou ...
HERON turns 45 with the Kanopolis Release and includes temporal query reuse fix and new concept, IDX Place of Service
The HERON Kanopolis release marks the 45th update to HERON. Over the past 46 months, HERON has grown in terms of data and functionality. Temporal Queries, ability to filter searches through modifiers, and improvements to the Timeline tool are just ...
Don't know the exact reference ranges for a certain lab? No problem since you can search a subset of HERON labs by High, Low, or Normal ranges. To search lab ranges:
- Drag a lab into the search group. The value window will display if a value e ...
The HERON Saline release includes data from the KU Hospital EMR, tumor registry etc. through September, 2014.
Having trouble creating complex searches in HERON? Seeking support for your grant or proposal? Note [/blog/2014-mi-support HERON Team of ...
KU BMI Presentations includes materials and used to communicate our mission.
Our work in progress includes:
- HERON healthcare enterprise repository
- PioneerFriends, community outreach for participation in research
- REDCap REDCap at KUMC
- ADC? informatics meetings for the Alzheimers Disease Core Center
- TEAL? data warehouse
- CTSA, including background discussions prior to funding
- RequestTracking? place for notes on using REDCap for request tracking (CTSA, ADC, HERON)
- NetworkInnovation High Speed Network Innovation and developing next generation applications for healthcare in the digital community.
- KHPA_HIE Discussions regarding HITECH Act, Health Information Exchange, and its implications for Kansas Medicaid (managed by the Kansas Health Policy Authority).
- DevTools software development tools, tips, and resources
- Preliminary research for collaborators
- Welcome To Medical Informatics for staff
Other informatics efforts at the University of Kansas include:
- The Center for Health Informatics in Kansas City
- The Center for Bioinformatics in Lawrence
- The K-INBRE Bioinformatics Core in Lawrence
- ITTC Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Laboratory in Lawrence
- Smith IDDRC in Kansas City
- Biodiversity Informatics at Lawrence
For a good introduction to biomedical informatics, we recommend the National Library of Medicine's Course: Medical Informatics.