Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#1319 closed defect (fixed)

some detailed diagnoses from Epic are hidden under ICD9 leaves

Reported by: dconnolly Owned by: badagarla
Priority: major Milestone: heron-elk-city-update
Component: data-repository Keywords: counts, technical-debt, public-web
Cc: ngraham, rwaitman, tmcmahon Blocked By:
Blocking: #1624 Sensitive: no

Description

In #273 and #441, the Epic DX_IDs are integrated with ICD9 from UMLs, but I'm not sure I got the folder/leaf attributes right.

This might confuse our stats code as well as making the sub-ICD9 diagnoses invisible from the term hierarchy.

But the sub-ICD9 diagonsis fact should still get found when searching for the corresponding ICD9 term.

Change History (15)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

Milestone: heron-cedarbluff-update

Until we find out if this is a problem for stats, I guess it belongs in this Cedarbluff milestone.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

Milestone: heron-cedarbluff-updateheron-waconda-update
Status: newassigned

other things take priority over investigating this one, for now...

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

See especially source:test_quieries/2012-04-27_6498_rwaitman.sql

(05:03:17 PM) Nathan Graham: Dan... Results seem a bit suspect as well....600+ patients before and 161 now?

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by ngraham

As per comment:3, I've checked in the new test designed to mimic source:test_quieries/2012-04-27_6498_rwaitman.sql.

Changeset is here [b3d57743fd04]

Test itself here: source:heron_load/test_queries/2012-09-04_8607_ngraham.sql.

Note that the panels are reordered between the two tests - presumably due to the i2b2 optimization based on patient count.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

Status: assignedaccepted

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

Milestone: heron-waconda-updateheron-walnut-update
Status: acceptedassigned
Type: design-issueproblem

This is indeed a problem when modifiers are off, though with modifiers on, the sub-ICD9 diagnoses are visible.

I don't think it's a big problem for users, but I'd like to stick to the idea of fixing bugs before adding features.

For example:

C_HLEVELC_BASECODEC_NAMEC_VISUALATTRIBUTESC_HLEVEL_1C_BASECODE_1C_NAME_1C_VISUALATTRIBUTES_1
7ICD9:649.40Epilepsy complicating pregnancy, childbirth, or the puerperium, unspecified as to episode of care or not applicableLA 8KUH|DX_ID:1040713MATERNAL EPILEPSYFA
7ICD9:649.40Epilepsy complicating pregnancy, childbirth, or the puerperium, unspecified as to episode of care or not applicableLA 8KUH|DX_ID:1041101MATERNAL SEIZURE DISORDERFA
7ICD9:649.40Epilepsy complicating pregnancy, childbirth, or the puerperium, unspecified as to episode of care or not applicableLA 8KUH|DX_ID:1083118SEIZURE DISORDER IN PREGNANCYFA

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by rwaitman

Priority: minormajor

Lots of DX_ID concepts are "dry holes", i.e. have no fact/patient counts.

Dan suspects a bug in setting folder/leaf visualattributes, which interacts with counts/stats.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by ngraham

This bit us during the milestone:heron-walnut-update (and, I believe we saw it in milestone:heron-waconda-update too). The symptom was that we had duplicate entries in the concept_stats table. This was apparently because some Diagnosis concepts were treated as leaves and folders since the visual attributes were 'LA' (leaves) but they also had children under them (see ticket:1465#comment:11).

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

Keywords: counts technical-debt added

more interest on this technical-debt this month: ticket:1465#comment:11

Look at #1613 and talk to Nathan.

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by rwaitman

Milestone: heron-melvern-updateheron-elk-city-update
Owner: changed from dconnolly to badagarla

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by ngraham

Blocking: 1624 added

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by badagarla

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Could not think of a way to test this using capture query as the problem only surfaces when modifiers have been disabled.

There is already an SQL test that verifies if leaves and folders assignments are done properly.

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by dconnolly

Type: problemdefect

comment:14 Changed 8 years ago by ngraham

Keywords: public-web added

comment:15 Changed 8 years ago by kcrane2

Approved for public release.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.